Wednesday 5 September 2012

Life’s not fair.

Life’s not fair. But, I guess you already knew that.

                I’m talking about the volleyball match that we had today. When we needed it the most, we blew it. The students of the 8th, 9th and 10th grade were divided into 2 teams and a match was conducted between them. I got to know later that, the winner would receive their prize on annual day (That just put salt over my wounds :/)

                To be brutally blunt, we lost.

It hurts to be honest. I spent so much time and effort into volleyball, I just don’t think that I deserved losing. I gave it my best shot but I’m afraid that wasn’t enough. Sigh.

                I could blabber on and on about why and how we lost the match but, I think I’ll save it for some other day. Let’s just say that it wasn’t our day. However, that doesn’t take anything away from the opposition, they played well enough to defeat us.

                I made many judgemental errors.  Just like Brutus(in Julius Caesar). Defeat was imminent I guess.

                However, I became wiser at the end of this match. Next time(If there’s going to be a next time), we’re going to put up a much better fight. I really want a re-match but, that isn’t anywhere on the current schedule. I just want another shot at glory and this time, I’m sure that we’ll make it.

                Before I go, don’t forget the eternal words.

Nobody challenges me and lives to tell the tale.

No comments:

Post a Comment