Wednesday 5 September 2012

TRUE EDUCATION GIVEN BY SWAMI VIVEKANANDA

True Education – Swami Vivekananda



“Education is the manifestation of Perfection already in Man”

“We want that education by which character is formed, strength of mind is increased, the intellect is expanded and by which one can stand on one’s own feet.”

“What we want are Western Science coupled with the Vedanta, Brahmacharya as the guiding motto, and also Shraddha and faith in ones own self.

These 3 quotations are in my room so I thought that I’ll just write something on them because I am almost out of ideas to write on.
“Education is the manifestation of perfection already in Man” – This quote says that man is already perfect, it is just that he has forgotten to bring it to life. Education thus, helps in regaining this perfection, it sort of wakes it up.

“We want that education by which character is formed, strength of mind is increased, the intellect is expanded and by which one can stand on one’s own feet.”—This quote is self-explanatory and I do not find any reason to expand it.

“What we want are Western Science coupled with the Vedanta, Brahmacharya as the guiding motto, and also Shraddha and faith in one’s own self” – Let me start off by telling you that this quotation might have a grammatical mistake. At the very start, I feel like “are” mustn’t be used, instead of it, “is” must be used. I don’t know why, everytime I read it, my thought goes to that. Anyways, keeping that aside…The quotation is self-explanatory again.

No comments:

Post a Comment