Wednesday 5 September 2012

Farewell


“Don't cry because it's over.  Smile because it happened.”
Great words said by some great human.
Well, here I am referring to my school life. Yes, I am about to complete my 10th and terminate my school life.
Well, as everybody has, I and my friends also had a farewell party organized by the 9th grade in collaboration with school. It was a great day for me and also one of the most significant days of my school life.
We planned to play a volleyball match that day- vinayalaya warriors   vs.   Vidya super Six. I belonged to the former. This was I should say my best volleyball match in 15 years (well, that’s my age)! I can never forget it. According to me, it was the highlight of the day, and not to mention my team crushing the adversary!
I mean it wouldn’t have mattered to me if I even lost because I gave in my best. But, after winning the match I was so proud of my team (After all, I only played a teeny-weeny role in the team).
Well, I also had some scary moments during the match when our team captain, who is also my best friend, threw up in the middle of the game (maybe because of the blazing sun. Also, because he was the only one who played the most and was the most determined to win the match (well, that is what makes him a good captain).
Ok, after the match, we had to behold our annual day performances, which I initially thought would be exciting, turned out to be profoundly booooooring! 
If it was not for the chaat that was being served, I would have just slept.
After some time of boredom, my mates played some pop and TRIED to ROCK THE DANCE FLOOR. But, unfortunately it was a fiasco, they were all so shy because of teachers being there (well, you know me, I don’t dance, so I just didn’t mind teachers being there).
After fleeting disco which was a fiasco, 9th grade dudes organized a kind of a 1-minute speech, which they called a game (Well, according to me it was one of the most frightening games of all time). Well, others enjoyed talking one-minute on the topic they received thru chits.  But, I’m not a great orator and not to mention my phobia of stage speaking! When my turn came, my adrenaline just pumped up at a rate of 100 times faster than normal. I could just speak 1 line that I could devise in my mind and that’s it, I lost my mouth, I could just exhale air outta my mouth! That was the most embarrassing moment that ever happened to me, seriously. L
My friends spoke awesomely in my opinion. Well my brother was to imitate a teacher, and he imitated our history teacher, which was the outstanding! And another one that caught my attention was one classmate’s speech. Well, it caught my attention because she ACTUALLY wept while giving the speech. I was speechless. I was like “Why the heck is she crying?” .It was then that I realized that it wasn’t SOME party, but it was our farewell day.
LOL, but I wasn’t feeling anything, though I have studied there for 4 years and she only for 1 year. All my other friends were kind of feeling emotional, but me…..nil. I didn’t understand it, why wasn’t I feeling anything? Well, I felt guilty for not FEELING anything about leaving my friends. Anyways, I still don’t feel anything (that’s a surprise because I am a sensitive person). Maybe, I am not so deeply in touch with everyone I know. But, I felt a slight sigh when I thought about my Best friend.
After that, my best friend who prepared a farewell speech (a really nerdy beginning by telling the probability of the students in our class meeting or something like that), spoke out and it was actually pretty awesome, though some people were still working on that probability thing. But, he did not give the full speech he has written, he spoke out the remaining speech in private with me and my classmates! Though , the speech was pretty reminiscent because he was studying since the inception of the school, I pretty did not feel the speech because I wasn’t present when he had fun on the roller coaster during primary school!
OK, finally the party was finished and we all departed.
Hey, I forgot to mention the gifts all my classmates have received from the school- a customized vitreous cup with a photo of all the 10th grade students.
Finally, the most prominent phase of my school life is about to finish!
I don’t know when I’ll meet my friends again, but the fun of a reunion only comes when we departure, doesn’t it?
A goodbye isn't painful unless you're never going to say hello again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment